Mayweather vs McGregor Live Online: There are just hours to go until one of the biggest, most eagerly anticipated boxing matches of all time.
The fight is set to break all pay-per-view records – and after months of trash-talking, a world tour, and last night’s weigh in, Mayweather v McGregor is finally here.
Saturday night will see out-of-retirement best boxer of his generation Floyd Mayweather facing the UFC’s biggest star, Conor McGregor, in Sin City.
- Conor McGregor weighed in 3.5 pounds heavier than Floyd Mayweather ahead of their £500million mega-fight.
- The Irishman tipped the scales at 153lb, inside the 154lb limit, compared to Mayweather’s 149.5lb.
- The boxing legend has spent all week insisting that his Irish opponent was struggling with his weight cut.
- But McGregor showed no sign of that as he saluted the thousands of fans in attendance.
The UFC star faces a mammoth challenge in his professional boxing debut against the best boxer of his generation.
Mayweather vs McGregor Live weigh-in – what time does it start? Live stream and TV information
CONOR McGREGOR will have one last chance to exchange words with Floyd Mayweather at the weigh-in just 24 hours before their super fight tonight – but will he make the weight himself?
The Irishman takes on Mayweather on Saturday night in Las Vegas as he becomes the first fighter to make the switch from UFC to boxing.
When is the weigh-in, and what time does it start?
- Both men will take to the scales TONIGHT from 11pm BST, or 3pm local time in the US.
- It will be the last time the pair will go head to head before they are in the ring on Saturday night.
- The weigh-in will take place at the T-Mobile Arena in Brooklyn- which is the same venue for the fight.
Where can I watch the weigh-in?
- The weigh-in will be broadcast live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Action.
- The hour-long coverage will begin at 11pm BST.
- Alternatively you can keep up to date with our live blog.
- What weight will the fight be fought at?
- The clash will be fought at 154lbs – light middleweight.
Mayweather, who is coming out of retirement for the fight, has accused McGregor of being a full 10 pounds over the 154lbs limit.
He has added that the fight will not be called off even if McGregor fails to make the weight.
Mayweather said: “Conor McGregor is extremely heavy right now.
“I think he’s 164 so he’s still got 10 pounds to go.
“I get that extra money if you can’t make the weight.
“Get those extra millions ready. UFC get those extra millions ready.
“You got to get that weight down like a true champion. A true champion is disciplined and very responsible but we’ll see.
“I don’t think he’s going to make the weight.”
What happens if McGregor misses the weight?
Should Conor McGregor come in over the weight, he will get a fine taken out of his fight purse.
Because there’s no belt on the line, all that McGregor has to lose is a fine, not the chance to win a title.
McGregor’s fine, however, would go straight to Mayweather’s pocket, as the fighter who fails to make the weight has to pay his opponent.
Where can I buy tickets for the weigh-in?
- For fans who have purchased tickets for the fight, they can access the weigh-in with complimentary tickets.
When is the fight, and what time will it start?
- The long-awaited fight takes place tomorrow – Saturday night, August 26.
- As with all big boxing scraps in Las Vegas, expect the opening bell to sound between 4am-5am in the early hours of Sunday morning.
How much money will they make each?
According to Mirror.co.uk
Floyd Mayweather is guaranteed to take home $100million from his fight with Conor McGregor .
He takes on the Irishman in Las Vegas on Saturday night in his 50th professional fight.
UFC start McGregor will take home a minimum of $30m as he makes his boxing debut.
Both fighters will see their earnings increase after pay-per-view sales are taken into account.
The fight could set a new PPV record, beating the previous one of 4.6m set when Mayweather fought Manny Pacquiao two years ago.
On the undercard, Nathan Cleverly will pocket significantly less than Badou Jack despite being the champion.
The Welshman is guaranteed a cheque for $100,000 while the challenger will earn at least $750.000.
Gervonta Davis will earn $600,000 despite being stripped of his super-featherweight title after failing to make weight.
His opponent Francisco Fonseca will be paid $35,000.
Fight*} Mayweather vs McGregor live updates, result, video, scores – Conor vs Floyd
About Conor Anthony McGregor
(Irish: Conchúr Antóin Mac Gréagóir; born 14 July 1988) is an Irish professional mixed martial artist and professional boxer who is currently signed to the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). He is the reigning UFC Lightweight Champion, and former UFC Featherweight Champion. During his mixed martial arts (MMA) career, McGregor has competed as a featherweight, lightweight, and welterweight.
Now that the superfight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor is official, let’s take our first look at the bout itself. We know it will be a boxing match, which obviously favors Mayweather as McGregor has never boxed either as an amateur or professional. Still, McGregor is younger than Mayweather and basically fights as a boxer in UFC with 18 knockouts among his 21 victories inside the Octagon.
- When the two go head-to-head on Aug. 26 in Las Vegas, every fan watching at the T-Mobile Arena and live around the world will have their side of the fight.
- Now is your first chance to pick one yourself. Let’s take a look at the tale of the tape between Mayweather and McGregor.
||(49-0 boxing, 26 KOs)
||(21-3 MMA, 18 KOs)
|Net worth (est.)
About Floyd Mayweather Jr
In the first stop of a four-city media tour promoting the fight, told the 20,000-strong crowd in Los Angeles: “I don’t care if it’s a ring or it’s an octagon, I will kick ass. I don’t back down for anybody.
- “You line them up and I will knock them down. On August 26, I’m gonna knock this b**** out too.”
McGregor retorted: “You haven’t knocked anyone out in about 20 years.”
Mayweather added: “We talking about from the nineties to now, world champion 18 years, but it is no problem. I’m not the same fighter as I was years ago, but I got enough to beat you.
“You will wave that white flag. You are going out on your face or your back. Which was do you want to go? All you need to do is show up and I will do the rest.
“God only made one thing perfect, and that is my boxing record.”
What is the latest news?
Punter bets $1.2m on Mayweather
- A staggering bet of $1.2million (£930,000) has been placed on Floyd Mayweather to beat Conor McGregor.
- The two men clash in Las Vegas on Saturday night in a fight worth up to £500m.
- And one punter has staked the seven-figure sum and stands to make $240,000 (£186,000).
- The wager, placed with William Hill, serves to strengthen this event as one the biggest betting events in history.
- On Thursday, another punter put down $1m on Mayweather to prevail while two bets of $100,000 have been placed on McGregor to emerge victorious.
- In the UK, betting exchange Betfair expects £100m to be traded by the time the two men touch gloves.
- Conor McGregor has revealed he first targeted a fight with Floyd Mayweather before he had even established himself in the UFC.
- The Irishman on Saturday makes his professional boxing debut when he faces Mayweather at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena.
- He does so as the UFC’s greatest asset, but enters a fight that could prove hugely uncompetitive even if it pays him his greatest ever purse.
Conor McGregor has been driven on through the final stages of the training camp for his August 26 fight with Floyd Mayweather by the increasing ridicule he is receiving.
The 29-year-old fights for the first time as a professional boxer at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena against the undefeated Mayweather, one of the sport’s all-time greats.
McGregor built his reputation as one of the leading figures in the UFC, but few within the boxing community give him any chance of even testing an opponent who is 40 and has been inactive for almost two years.
Most recently America’s Terence Crawford, among the world’s finest fighters, and David Haye have released videos on social media mocking the warm-up technique with which McGregor demonstrates unusually loose and flexible arms.
McGregor manoeuvred his way into such a lucrative fight partly through his clever use of social media, but after insisting he found the videos “light-hearted”, he became defensive and revealed how those doubting him have spurred him on.
“It’s certainly motivating,” the Irishman said. “The disrespect of my skill-set: I look at people and their minds are closed. ‘It’s a set way and there’s no other way’.
- “If that was the case we’d never have reached across the waters and searched for other land, and never have gone into space.
“When I hear their disrespect, I use it as motivation and I look forward to going in and educating them. I get it. I’m coming in (to the sport), I understand where it’s at, I’m just looking forward to proving what I’m saying and earning my respect in this game also.
Who is referee, who are the judges?
- REFEREE: Robert Byrd
- JUDGES: Burt Clements, Dave Moretti and Guido Cavalieri
Vastly experienced American referee Robert Byrd will be the third man in the ring, with the judges confirmed as Burt Clements, Dave Moretti, both American, and Guido Cavalleri, of Italy, after McGregor’s team had requested an international judge in the trio.
Byrd refereed Mayweather’s unanimous points decision victory against Robert Guerrero four years ago. Mayweather’s last three fights were refereed by Kenny Bayless, but he was ruled out after critical comments from McGregor’s head coach John Kavanagh.